UFC ON FUEL 4: KENNY ROBERTSON TO STEP IN FOR INJURED JON FITCH TO TAKE ON AARON SIMPSON
An injury to welterweight fighter Jon Fitch has enabled Kenny Robertson to return to the UFC octagon as he will step in and take on Aaron Simpson at UFC on Fuel 4 in July in San Jose, CA.
Following his release from the UFC, Robertson’s manager Nick Thompson said it was extremely difficult to find fights due to his record and reputation.
“We got a couple of fight offers, somebody will call me looking for a 170lber, and I’m like we’ve got Kenny Robertson, we’ll take it for the money they’ve offered so we’re not arguing about anything like that, then the opponent will say ‘nope’,” Thompson said.
Robertson is coming off a knockout victory over fellow UFC veteran Lucio Linhares last October.
- UFC FIGHT FOR THE TROOPS 2: MELVIN GUILLARD TO STEP IN FOR INJURED KENNY FLORIAN
- UFC 132: AARON SIMPSON SEES JASON “MAYHEM” MILLER AS THE PERFECT OPPONENT
- JASON “MAYHEM” MILLER WILL TAKE ON AARON SIMPSON AT UFC 132
- MIRKO ‘CRO COP’ WOULD LOVE TO STEP IN FOR INJURED SHANE CARWIN AND TAKE ON ROY NELSON AT UFC 125
- UFC’S TUF FINALE: AARON SIMPSON BELIEVES HE WILL BEAT CHRIS LEBEN TO THE PUNCH