UFC 146: DANA WHITE SAYS FRANK MIR VS. CAIN VELASQUEZ IS STILL ON
With Alistair Overeem testing positive for elevated testosterone levels, the questioned remained on who would replace him and face heavyweight champion, Junior Dos Santos in the main event of UFC 146. Frank Mir seemed to be the obvious pick since he was already fighting on the card.
Frank Mir is scheduled to fight Cain Velasquez on the same UFC 146 card that was supposed to see Alistair Overeem challenge Junior Dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title, so it would have be an easy switch to make. But UFC president Dana White has shot down the idea.
White shares the news via his personal Twitter account:
“Mir vs Cain will happen”
- UFC 146: JUNIOR DOS SANTOS TALKS ABOUT ALISTAIR OVEREEM’S FAILED DRUG TEST
- UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION CAIN VELASQUEZ TALKS BROCK LESNAR, JUNIOR DOS SANTOS AND MORE (VIDEO)
- CAIN VELASQUEZ OUT FOR 6-8 MONTHS, JUNIOR DOS SANTOS DOESN’T PLAN ON WAITING
- CAIN VELASQUEZ HAPPY TO BE THE FIRST MEXICAN CHAMPION OF THE UFC
- JUNIOR DOS SANTOS GIVES CAIN VELASQUEZ THE EDGE OVER BROCK LESNAR AFTER THE FIRST ROUND