JUNIOR DOS SANTOS VS. ALISTAIR OVEREEM TO TAKE PLACE MAY 26TH IN LAS VEGAS
UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta has announced that UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos will defend his title against number one contender and former Strikeforce champion, Alistair Overeem, on May 26th (Memorial Day Weekend)in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dos Santos captured the title on the first UFC on FOX card in November, knocking out Cain Velasquez in the first round. Prior to that he’d defeated the likes of Fabricio Werdum, Roy Nelson and Mirko Cro Cop inside the octagon.
Overeem made his octagon debut a month later on the UFC 141 card in Las Vegas, stopping former champion Brock Lesnar in the first round via TKO.
- BROCK LESNAR VS. ALISTAIR OVEREEM SET FOR DEC. 30 IN LAS VEGAS
- JUNIOR DOS SANTOS TALKS KNEE SURGERY, BEING THE CHAMPION, BROCK LESNAR, ALISTAIR OVEREEM AND MORE (VIDEO)
- JUNIOR DOS SANTOS WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER WHEN HE FIGHTS FOR THE BELT ASSURES COACH
- DANA WHITE TALKS ALISTAIR OVEREEM NEGOTIATIONS, NEXT FIGHT COULD BE IN THE OCTAGON
- JUNIOR DOS SANTOS GIVES CAIN VELASQUEZ THE EDGE OVER BROCK LESNAR AFTER THE FIRST ROUND