CAIN VELASQUEZ VS. JUNIOR DOS SANTOS TO HEADLINE FIRST UFC ON FOX EVENT ON NOV. 12
UFC heavyweight champion, Cain Velasquez, will defend his title for the first time against top-contender, Junior Dos Santos, in the main event of the first UFC on Fox event on November 12 in Anaheim, California, UFC president, Dana White, announced today.
“We wanted to deliver to Fox. We wanted to deliver to fans. We wanted to kick off with a bang. We’re going with the most prestigious championship in all of sports – the heavyweight title.”
Velasquez vs. Dos Santos was expected to headline UFC 139 on Nov. 19 in San Jose, CA. The event will go on as scheduled, but with a new main event that is already in the works, added White.
The broadcast itself will last only one hour. It will feature a full preliminary card prior to the telecast, the event will conclude prior to the start of the Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez boxing match, which airs on HBO pay-per-view. Though this inaugural UFC on FOX main card will consist of only two fights, future offerings on the network are expected to feature full fight cards similar to Spike TV’s UFC Fight Night broadcasts.
- CAIN VELASQUEZ OUT FOR 6-8 MONTHS, JUNIOR DOS SANTOS DOESN’T PLAN ON WAITING
- UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION CAIN VELASQUEZ TALKS BROCK LESNAR, JUNIOR DOS SANTOS AND MORE (VIDEO)
- JUNIOR DOS SANTOS GIVES CAIN VELASQUEZ THE EDGE OVER BROCK LESNAR AFTER THE FIRST ROUND
- JUNIOR DOS SANTOS TALKS BROCK LESNAR VS CAIN VELASQUEZ (VIDEO)
- CAIN VELASQUEZ VS JUNIOR DOS SANTOS TRAILER (VIDEO)